Friday, January 11, 2013

Last Night in America


Tomorrow is the day! I actually cannot believe it is already here. I have had a countdown on my phone for the past few months, and it's crazy to look down and see "1 day" left! To say I am excited would be an understatement.

Specifically, I depart for my adventure of a lifetime on Saturday, January 12th at 1:15 PM. From Minneapolis, I will fly to Atlanta and then I'm off to Spain. If everything runs smoothly, I should arrive at the Madrid Airport at 9:35 AM on Sunday, January 13th. Cross your fingers that I, and my three bags, make it to my new home safely! 

Once I land in Madrid, I will have a few hours to relax until I meet up with my group at 12:00 AM (Fun fact: noon is 12:00 AM and midnight is 12:00 PM in Spain). From there, we will take an hour bus ride to Segovia.



Apparently, the bus will drop us off in front of the aqueduct (see above) and we will each be handed off to our respective host families. My friends who went to Spain last year all remarked that this is a distressing and exciting experience. I know I'll be exhausted, disoriented, and shocked - it should be interesting and unforgettable way to start my journey. Wish me luck! 

Cheers,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment