Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pure Bliss

Hola! 

Here's a quick update on my charger: I bought one! It was not an easy item to find, but I now own a new MacBook Pro charger. Before going to Madrid, I searched the internet for retailers that sold Apple products and found three sellers that were within walking distance from the hotel. I immediately wrote down the addresses and directions and was ready to finally buy a charger. Needless to say, I was excited.

When I got to Madrid, however, my emotions changed completely. Within the first hour of arrival, I walked to the first store and found my charger...but it cost 110 euro ($150). I looked up prices online beforehand and saw that they should be listed at 80 euro ($110). Thus, I decided not to buy the charger from the first store. 

Two days later, we had a free day in Madrid, so my friends and I went shopping. There is an enormous department store called El Corte Ingles, and my host mom told me that they sell Apple products. Gladys (the leader of the trip) explained to me that there are two El Corte Ingles stores in the shopping district, so I was pumped. When I got to the first location, I found out that they were sold out of the product, but was told "not to worry because there is another store down the street that has one." Irritated, but still hopeful, I scurried down the street to the second location to buy the charger. I explained to the store worker which one I needed and pointed to one that looked like mine, and he kept saying, "El cargador no funcionará en tu ordenador" ("The charger will not work on your computer"). It was incredibly frustrating, especially because I couldn't tell if the charger actually was incompatible with my computer or if was simply a language-barrier issue. I just wanted to speak to him in English!

Needless to say, I was extremely defeated. 

Note: Segovia is a small town, and it's hard to receive packages at the apartments, so it's difficult to order products (i.e. chargers) online.

Then...
I was so happy when I found this store,
I asked my friend to take a picture!
I found this store (see left)! We were walking back to the hotel and all of a sudden I looked up and saw the Apple icon and shrieked. I thought I was dreaming - there was simply no way! And to my luck, the workers were extremely friendly and had my charger, and I bought it. I honestly have no idea how I randomly stumbled upon this "Apple Reseller" store, but I am so thankful that I did. Hooray! 

Anyways, that is my story. It may seem like a trivial thing, but it's incredibly frustrating and inconvenient not to have a charger. I know I definitely took mine for granted. For me, having a charger means having a computer. My laptop is from high school, so it dies quickly once it is running without the charger. 

Now that I have a charger, I can use my computer all day and write blog entries around the clock! 






Oh, and one more added bonus: Now that I have my own charger, I can sit alone in a coffee shop and do my homework in peace.


Café con Leche from Farggi 

That's pure bliss if you ask me.

Cheers,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. Wow-totally a God thing with you walking past that last store. So happy you were able to find the charger!

    PS-hope you are starting to feel better, mom told me you're not feeling well :(

    ReplyDelete