Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Teaching English

Hola! 

Today, I started teaching English at a local Segovian elementary school! The children are "preciosos" and I truly enjoyed my experience. Here is my schedule:

Every Tuesday
12:00-12:30 5 year olds
12:30-1:00 3 year olds
1:00-1:30 6 year olds 

I already know that teaching at the school will be one of the highlights of my time here in Segovia. The children are so cheerful, and I am excited to learn from them! 


Picture taken from my classroom

Picture of the hallway
Picture of the school  


One more thing! It started snowing today! When it snows in Segovia, people use umbrellas. It makes so much sense! I might have to bring that trend back to Minnesota!



Cheers,
Anna 

3 comments:

  1. That makes no sense unless you are outside for awhile and it's snowing heavily. Snow is lighter than rain and it's usually a bit windy, so regardless, you are going to get nailed with snow in MN, umbrella or not. And when you do get snow on yourself, when it melts it's barely anything but then you'd have to deal with drying a wet umbrella, which is such a pain.
    I think in maybe some cases it would make sense back home but for most times, it's probably easier just to confront the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Segovia se ve muy bonita con la nieve. Lo que es una gran cosa que es llegar a enseñar en la escuela.

    Amor,
    Mama y Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren-

    The snow here is a wet snow, so it makes sense! Haha. I went out once without an umbrella and my hair got completely soaked. The flakes are big too - trust me you need to be covered!

    ReplyDelete