Thursday, February 28, 2013

21

Hola! 

As of today, you will be reading a blog written by a 21 year old! That's right, today is my birthday! It has been a fabulous day filled with spending time (albeit sometimes over Skype) with close friends and family - I could not have asked for a better day. 

This morning, I woke up early to study for my first midterm of the semester. Specifically, I had an exam for my class called Español Avanzado (Advanced Spanish). After, I had another class and then went home for la comida (lunch). I was able to invite a friend, so Maddie came with me. It was great! We ate in the dining room, which was decorated in festive Spanish colors. We had a feast - and I'm not using that word lightly. The meal consisted of five courses: stuffed pimientos, revueltos de gulas, ensalada, fish dish, and créme brulee with ice cream. Oh, and we also had high-quality red wine. We ate like kings! 

In the afternoon, I went back to the university for class and then stayed after to Skype family and friends. What a great way to end the day! 

Highlights of day

  • Skyping my friends and family (Kristin, Lauren, Mom, Dad, and Grandma)
  • Receiving thoughtful cards and gifts from friends 
    • Lauren sent the most thoughtful gift in the mail, filled with inside jokes and a homemade card. 
    • Maddie gave me lovely baked goods, a cute scarf, and a stylish statement necklace. They were all just my style - I loved them! 
    • Erin gave me cute bobby pins, which was a great gift because she is a hair master! I always run to her to have my hair braided or styled.
    • Cindy and Mike sent me money for STARBUCKS. Enough said.
    • Marta gave me a beautiful bracelet! I love it.
  • Watching Maddie attempt eat revueltos de gulas, otherwise known as eggs and worms. 
  • BOOKING MY LONDON FLIGHT - See you on April 11, United Kingdom!
  • Receiving a note written by my seven year old self (see below)

What I wanted to do on my birthday - 7 years old


Pictures from the day



Cheers,
Anna

PS. We are going to Andalucia (Granada, Sevilla, Córdoba) tomorrow at 6:30 AM (hence why we didn't go out tonight). Again, I am not bringing my computer, but I'll be back in Segovia on Tuesday night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment