Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"Enjoy it. Because it's Happening"

Hola!

As much as I am trying to live in the present here in Segovia, it is still great to receive exciting news from home. Last night, I received an email notifying me that my undergraduate research has been selected for presentation at the 60th Annual Meeting and 4th World Congress on Exercise is Medicine of the American College of Sports Medicine.  Even more, my abstract will be published in Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Volume 45:5 Supplement

Even though this conference isn't until late May, it is still fun to receive the notification. It will take place in Indianapolis, which is about five hours away from the University of Missouri (where I will be living for the summer). 

I have a lot to look forward to when I get to the United States! With that being said, however, I am trying not to think about home. I'm only in Spain for four short months, so I need to embrace it and cherish every moment. In the words of one of my favorite books, Perks of Being a Wallflower, "Enjoy it. Because it's happening." 

I need to remind myself of this everyday in Segovia.
I still cannot believe my semester
abroad is actually happening


Cheers,
Anna 

1 comment:

  1. Estamos muy orgullosos de ti. Lo que es una gran oportunidad!

    Amor,
    Mama y Papa

    ReplyDelete