Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Month One: Top 5 Favorite Places

Hola! 

On January 12th, I embarked on my incredible journey to Segovia, Spain. As I sit here today, it is now February 12th and thus one month has passed. With this, I wanted to reflect on my time here and decided to create a list of my "Top 5 Favorite Places.

My goal is to make a "Top 5 Favorite Places" at the end of each month. It will be interesting to see how my lists change as time progresses!

1. My Home
I am so thankful for the location of my host family's apartment. I mean, I can see the  aqueduct from my window! This has been very convenient because the aqueduct has been my group's meeting place for all activities. Similarly, most people have to walk past my apartment to get to their own, which is nice when we walk home at night! Furthermore, it's close to school! All in all, it's the best.


Pictures taken around my home
(The red arrow points to my apartment)
2. IE Universidad
I have class at IE Universidad every Monday-Thursday, so I spend a lot of time at this school. Specifically, it is located about a half mile from my house, and it is a beautiful walk every morning. The university hosts students from around Europe, so it's fun listening to all the different languages in the hallways! 


IE Universidad
3. Running path
I am so blessed to have this running and walking path. It runs directly behind my school and includes some of the most spectacular views of Segovia. You see historic monuments, wildlife, mountains, and Alcazár Castle! Even more, you run by a creek for most of the path. It's always filled with active people, dogs, and families. Needless to say, I love it.


Running path
4. Farggi
Cafés in Segovia are a great place to study, plan trips, and spend time with friends. Plus, this all happens while sipping on a delicious café con leche! One café in particular, Farggi, is located a block down from my apartment, so I spend most of my time (and money) there. It has two floors and free wifi - an ideal place to be!

Farggi café

5. Buddha
I'll end my list with the one and only Buddha. It is nightclub located by the Plaza Mayor in Segovia. My friends like to end Thursday nights at this bar, and it's always the place to be! It's one of my favorite places because it attracts many IE Universidad students, so I get to meet a lot of new people from around the world. ¡Que divertido! 


Cheers to Buddha!

One month into this journey and I officially love Spain!

Cheers,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. What a great time you are having! Can't wait to see you and have you show us all around Segovia.

    Love,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete