Friday, March 15, 2013

A Classic Story

Hola! 

My feelings about spring break have taken a 180 degree turn due to a lovely email I just received. Before I explain further, let me give you some background information to set the scene.

In January, I booked my home flight from Geneva to Madrid. It was a steal! It only cost 50 euros. Fast forward one month. In the end of February, I received an email from the travel agency saying that I needed to send them a copy of my passport in order to confirm the flight. Confused, I asked my professor and she examined the information and reported that it was from a reliable source. Thus, I replied with the needed information. 

Later that day, I got a response thanking me for my passport, and that the flight could now be reserved. It ended with my favorite line: "Please note that the ticket price has now changed to 250 euros.

SWEET.

This meant that the flight went from $60 to $300, and none of it was my fault. Fortunately, they let me cancel it before the purchase was finalized. Needless to say, I said "Hasta luego Swiss Airlines, I'm going to find a new flight."

And that I did! The cheapest flight I could find was now $100, which was more expensive than my original, but definitely better than $300 flight. It left two hours later than my friends' flight, but it was the best option. My friends promised they would wait for me in the Madrid airport, so everything was good! All was set - all the flights were finally booked.

LOOK AT THE EMAIL I GOT TODAY! 



My new Geneva to Madrid flight, the one that has caused me all the struggles and tears, was just cancelled! I'm the only one of this flight too - my friends still have theirs - so looks like I'm stuck in Geneva! 

Cheapest flight is now $600.

Cheers,
Anna 

Ps. I hope you were able to sense my sarcasm in my last paragraph. I'm not happy about this at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment