Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Unexpected Changes

Hola! 

The wifi at my house is down, so I only have internet access at school, which closes in 30 minutes (9:00 PM). Because of this, I only have time to write a short post! 

Due to limited time, I thought I'd give some brief updates on my travels. After looking up prices of trains and hostels, my friends and I realized that it was too expensive to go to our original destination of Interlaken, Switzerland. Thus, we had to turn to Plan B. We fly into Geneva on Friday, March 22nd, and leave for Budapest on Wednesday, March 30th. This makes a total of five days in Switzerland. We thought to ourselves, "Let's just stay in Geneva and take day trips, as there are many unique places within an hour of the city." We were set on this plan, that is, until we found that all of the hostels in Geneva were booked. Shoot

On to Plan C! At this point, we had to get creative and find places that had 1) relatively cheap transportation costs 2) fun activities and 3) hostels with room for four! This was surprisingly fun and easy to research, and soon enough we had a plan that worked! 

(New) Spring Break Plan:

FridayFly from Madrid to Geneva, and take train (1 hr) to Lausanne, Switzerland. We will spend two days in this beautiful town on Lake Geneva.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Sunday - Take train back to Geneva, and catch a bus to Chamonix, France. We will spend two days in this quaint ski village. I am extremely excited for this part of the trip because we get to ski in the French Alps! Even more, we are staying at a cute bed and breakfast tucked between the mountains. 

Chamonix, France
Skiing in the French Alps!
 Tuesday: Bus back to Geneva, spend the day exploring the town. We found a hostel that had an opening for this night, so we will be able to see the city! 

Geneva, Switzerland
On Wednesday, we depart for Budapest, Hungary. I would post more about this half of the trip, but I'm about to get kicked out of the school because it's now closing! 

I'll end with saying how happy I am with the way things turned out, and that I think that Plan C is actually better than Plan A. I am more excited than ever to go. It's coming up fast, too! We leave a week from this Friday!  

Cheers,
Anna


1 comment:

  1. All we can say is WOW! Have a great time.

    Love,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete