Monday, April 15, 2013

Spain Saved My Life #PrayForBoston

Hola,

As many of you may have noticed, I already posted an entry today, and yet here I am again on the blogging sphere. Unfortunately, it is not for good news.

Today, a tragedy occurred back home in the United States. That is, two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line, injuring hundreds and killing at least two. They do not know the cause or motive at the moment. 

Segovia saved my life. The bombs went off around hour four of the race, meaning I would have been around the finish line during the explosions if I were not in Spain. For this, I am feeling incredibly fortunate and thankful. On a similar note, I am feeling blessed for the love that people have shown me today:



In addition to these media posts, my family contacted me, Kristin messaged me, and even my sister's friends contacted her to make sure I was alright. I have a pretty great network of friends and family! 

My tweets from the day:




#PrayForBoston,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. That you are in Spain this semester and not running in Boston immediately came to our minds as well. It is incomprehensible what has taken place and really unfathomable how much evil there can be in the world. When people ask where is God is all of this, they need to remember that we have tried to force Him out of our everyday lives/schools/etc and instead, have let darkness, the worst of human nature, prevail. Hopefully, someday people will realize that heaven only comes when God is at the center of our world, not pushed aside to the periphery, or worse, ignored altogether.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete